M+DEV is a video game development conference for professional game developers and those seeking to become professional game developers. This conference provides a gathering place for game developers in the state, the region and beyond to discuss and share the latest information on the science, art, mechanics and business of making games.
M+DEV is for anyone who is currently a professional video game developer or contractor, or who wishes to become one. M+DEV encompasses professionals in games development or one of the many businesses that support games development in the educational, entertainment and corporate markets.
M+DEV is a conference that will give you greater exposure to the broad spectrum of video games development in area. Meet, network and learn from talented minds both locally and from the greater global games market. Learn how to improve the craft of making games, how to better sell your games, or meet potential partners who can mentor or even finance your games business.
OPEN CALL FOR SPEAKERS
SUBMISSION Deadline July 13th
Deadline: August 14th
The Wisconsin Games Alliance has opened a call for entries for the M+DEV Art Content. The competition desires to showcase the best game art and runs from now until August 14th, 2018.
The competition will accept entries that meet the following criteria:
- Artist must reside in the United States
- Art must be from a game either in progress currently or published in last 12 months
- Please submit all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Winning entries will be displayed during M+DEV18 on Oct 19, 2018.
Four $250 prizes for best in show categories will be awarded that evening, and artists with displayed work will have free admission to attend the conference.
Please see additional submission details below.
- Submissions must be able to be printed
- Animation submissions should include a single still frame as well as a video of the animation itself
- Images should be high resolution versions of in-game art or concepts, ideally 300dpi in JPG or PNG format
- Artist must have permission from the studio who employs them before submitting the art
- Artist selected must attend conference
- Pieces must be submitted by the individual artist
Friday, October 19th, 2018
Alliant Energy Center
1919 Alliant Energy Center Way
Madison, WI 53713
2110 Rimrock Road, Madison, WI 53713
Sheraton Madison Hotel
706 John Nolen Drive, Madison, WI 53713